The Dean's Church to the apostles Peter and Paul is an example of the Viennese engineer style. The Kastelruther Gotteshaus - also called "Dom auf dem Berge" - was begun 1846 as a complete new building and in 1849 by the Sel. Bishop Johannes Nepomuk of Tschiderer was inaugurated.
Patron: June 29 (celebrated on the last Sunday in June with trapeze procession, huge flags, statues ...)
Step into our majestic church.
The Kastelruther Tower, the most powerful landmark of Kastelruth, was built from 1756 to 1758 according to plans by Simon Rieder. The tower is open for inspection once a week, and offers from the top a giant wide view over the wonderfully situated village. For further information, please visit the Parish Church of Kastelruth.